EAGLE DOG PARK
Welcome to Eagles Dog Park
Eagle Dog park is located on the west side of Independence Park at 612 LaSalle boulevard. There are also restrooms, picnic tables and a playground for small children.
Drake’s Eagle Scout Project
In 2017, a 16 year old junior at Pekin Community High School named Drake Mathias wanted a place to play with his yellow lab, Blondie and where other dog lovers could bring their dogs to play. So with that in mind, he came up with the dog park as his project to earn his Eagle rank in his local boys scouts. With over 80+ volunteers, 40+ donors, 600+ volunteer hours and 17 months of planning and execution, Drake’s Eagle Scout Project was completed on September 3, 2017.
Eagle Dog Park Rules
- Enter the Dog Park at your own risk. The dog owner/handler agrees to assumer full risk of any injuries, or loss associated with the use of the Dog Park.
- Children must be at least 6 years old to enter the Dog Park. Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to enter the Dog Park. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to supervise their children at all times to prevent accidents.
- A dog handler of 14 years of age or older must be present in the Dog Park at all times and is solely responsible for the actions of their dog(s). At all times, a handler must have a leash in their possession and must have their dog(s) in sight. Handlers are limited to three dogs per visit.
- Dogs showing aggression towards people or other dogs must be immediate leashed and removed from the Dog Park.
- Dogs must have current vaccinations and wear up-to date County vaccination tags at all times. Unlicensed dogs will be removed from the Dog Park. Dogs in heat are not allowed in the Dog Park. Puppies using the Dog Park must be at least 6 months old.
- Owners must immediately clean up and properly dispose of their dog’s feces. Failure to clean up after your dog(s) will result in loss of privileges to use the Dog Park.
- Food of any kind or smoking is inside the Dog Park is prohibited.
- Rawhide is not allowed in the Dog Park.
- Spiked, pronged or choke dog collars are prohibited.
- Professional Dog Trainers may not use the Dog Park for the conduct of their business.
- Infraction of these rules can result in temporary or permanent loss of their Dog Park privileges.