WATER WORKS OPERATOR (PART-TIME)
The City of Marquette Heights, IL Water & Wastewater Department is seeking a motivated person for a Part-time position to perform Weekend Activities associated with performing daily Water & Wastewater maintenance operations and Process Control checks. This is an entry level position where training will be provided.
- These tasks will consist of reading gauges, dials, and displays and recording numbers read.
- Understand the processes on a basic level to understand the numbers recorded and what they mean, to be competent to alert supervisory personnel of unwanted conditions.
- Clean various components and areas.
- Perform minor maintenance tasks left over from the week
- Be a minimum of 18 years old or older.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a valid IL Driver’s License to be able to drive a Service Pick-up Truck to remote sites.
- Must possess a positive attitude and a willingness to be in the supportive role of Weekend Coverage.
A minimum of 2 hours daily is needed to perform the tasks above in normal operations on weekends. Due to the nature of this position, hours will be made available during a normal work week (M-F & 7am -5pm) so the employee can work more than the 4 hours allotted on the weekends. We will work with selected candidates for hours of availability so that they may learn and be available to transfer into a Full-time position should it become available.
Compensation will be negotiable based upon experience and knowledge.
This is a good opportunity to enter and learn an industry where the goal is to provide good clean, safe drinking water and safe disposal of Sanitary Sewage Waste
Interested candidates must complete and submit an City of Marquette Heights employment application to Tony Brown, 715 Lincoln Rd, Marquette Heights IL 61554 or to email@example.com with Water Works Operator in the subject line by 4:00 p.m. on March 1, 2023.
The City employment applications can be picked up at the City Building, 715 Lincoln Rd. Click here for the job description of this position.
The City is not responsible for electronic transmission errors, USPS delays, etc.
The City of Marquette Heights is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage diversity in our workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.